Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Stronger Than Ever...



It is an exciting time to be at BBC, and I'm glad to be back in the mix as we enter the Christmas Season. During my leave for bed rest and delivery, I tried to keep my finger on the pulse of our Children's Ministry even from home. I'm thankful for both the staffers and the lay leaders who ran with the plans I left and kept our children's ministry running strong. 

There is no doubt that this pregnancy had taken me out of my "normal" circumstances and by extension, the Children's Ministry as well. I'm sure it has seemed for you, as it was for me, to be a never ending ordeal. My time away was riddled with setbacks and concerns in the final stages. The Lord provided for us so much over our time away, and the priority had to become about what was best to ensure a healthy baby. And we would endure it all again. 

However, now, the goal is to not just come back, but come back stronger. As we jump head first and running forward in leading our kids. There a several things to consider as we press on towards to goal of reaching children for the Lord and training them in discipleship. 

1. Bring your children: Our Children's Ministry is thriving. Continue to bring your precious gifts from God to His House. I look so forward to seeing each of them again. If you are in town over the upcoming holidays, we want to see you at BBC! And bring your kid's friends, nothing reaches parents faster than a child on fire for the Lord!

2. Be Encouraging/Be Encouraged: It is so easy to focus on the negative things of the past. Grumble about things we can't change or would have had different. The difficulties we've endured or how trying a period was can nag at us. Boy, does Satan want us disgruntled, discouraged, and hindering to the Message. Yet, the Word tells us that "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (II Corinthians 12:9a). My friends, I've endured much weakness in the past months, but the Lord's power shows brightest in the fire. He is sufficient in all things. And while this time away has no doubt had moments of frustration felt by everyone, He is the focus, and we are His Family. I am thankful for those in my church family who have prayed, brought food, and encouraged us. I have appreciated the encouragement and support. 

Now, be encouraged because the Lord has done great things in the recent months. Have you seen the number of children being baptized? Have you walked the halls of Awana with over 100 in the children's ministry on Wednesday Nights? Have you heard the excitement spilling out of our young children over His Word? Have you seen the volunteers who have stood in the gap and continued the ministry? 

“God will use them in his work of rebuilding, use them as foundations and pillars, use them as tools and instruments, use them to oversee his work. They’ll be a workforce to be proud of, working as one, their heads held high, striding through swamps and mud, courageous and vigorous because God is with them.”-Zechariah 10: 4-5

Our BBC Leaders have been a "workforce to be proud of!" I am honored by those who have served and are serving in my absence. You may think that your work is unnoticed, but I assure you the Lord is honored by your servant hearts. Thank you for marching onward! Great is the reward set before you. 

And this brings us to our final thought,

3. Continue to be faithful in serving: My PaPa, who went to be with Jesus many years ago,would  tell us that you can put your hand in a bucket full of water, pull it out and look at the hole. That is how much you are really needed and that is how much God really needs you. The fact is God doesn't need you or me. He can reach people by any means He so wishes. He is the sovereign Lord. However, He graciously chooses to use us. The fact is that none of the ministries are a one man operation, and BBC Kids is no exception. It takes so many hands to lead, teach, reach, and finger paint. As many have seen, it takes us all to do the work of the kingdom.

"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work."-1 Corinthians 12:4-5

I look forward to once again jumping in, stronger, harder, faster, and filled with excitement WITH YOU!  Don't stop doing what you are doing. Your service is needed. You are making a difference, and the work is rewarding. We can go back to business as usual, but who wants that? There are so many exciting things on the horizon in the upcoming months. As we begin this Christmas Season and start a brand new year, join me in praying for great and powerful things to come. We are marching forward in the Lord, stronger than ever...

Elizabeth J. Horne
Minister to Children
Ballardsville Baptist Church
Numbers 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment